Monday, August 1, 2011

Nothing to see here

I should blog.

I have several items which should be blogworthy - My upcoming 2nd anniversary of stepping away from the pulpit... A medicine/religion panel I sat on for a program called IPEME last week... I. I. Rabi and agnosticism... Shuls and their frequent economic shortsightedness... Airport davening...

I'm looking at some fun ideas for classes for next year - Professional development for lawyers, an executive forum for business leaders, a program on Spirituality I call "Hitoriri", a responsa-based halachah series, and lots more.

I had a very stimulating meeting with a Hillel professional last week, in which we discussed his approach to campus work. It was an eye-opener, taking things I've seen and extending them farther, in ways I hadn't imagined.

It's now just about five years since I started my first, now defunct, blog. This blog passed 200,000 page views some time in the past two weeks.

And I'm planning a one-week trip to Calgary for after Tisha b'Av, first vacation since, well, last August.

So there are things I could/would/should blog about. But I just don't have it in me right now.

Bein haZmanim (kollel intersession) just started, so my time is more flexible, but I still have 20 things on my daily to-do list... I spent 5 hours between Friday, Motzaei Shabbos and Sunday on a failed Joomla upgrade for the kollel website (no, we don't have an IT guy)... and the Nine Days period always has a deadening effect on me.

I hope to write soon, but no promises.

1 comment:

  1. write some tisha b'av stuff, shabbat nachamu stuff...or not too early to think about rosh hashana stuff. alwayrs appreciated. Brad

    ReplyDelete