ProfK has honored me with a Kreativ Blogger award; thanks, Prof!
[I've posted my thoughts on blog awards here.]
Here are the rules for this award:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award. Thanks!
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. Done!
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award. Done!
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. See below.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers, link to them and let them know.
I can't fulfill this term of the award; I am certain there are many, many bloggers who deserve it, but I just don't read them. I read the same five or six blogs when I get the chance, and that's about it.
To compensate, though, I will go all-out to fulfill the third term of the award: To list seven interesting pieces of information about me. (I don't know that these are actually interesting, but they are the best I can do.)
1. Embarrassing teenage story: In high school (MTA), I once tossed an orange out the window, during a pre-class game of catch. Yes, it was on purpose. No, I did not mean to hit the (red-haired!) cop on the corner...
2. Formative influences: I can remember almost all of my grade school teachers (HALB) and how they influenced me positively.
3. If I had one hour to do anything in the world that was not one of the 613, I would: Watch a 3-year old play.
4. A hobby: I used to write fiction, although I haven't set aside time for it in years. I have written 3 full-length novels - one about a Torah-observant man trying to reconcile his homosexuality with his observance, one about a man masquerading as a rabbi and taking over a synagogue, and one about a man dying in a nursing home, and his family.
5. Odd chumra: I omit the Name of HaShem in singing zemiros on Shabbos, to remind myself to treat the Name with honor. I say it often in the course of learning, so I feel this precaution is necessary for me.
6. Something I despise: Pretense. Especially in myself. Which happens too often.
7. The great love of my life: Chocolate. Not the expensive kind - the Hershey's/Krackel/M&Ms kind.
There you go - seven items. Thanks, Prof!