Wednesday, December 21, 2011

They really are watching

While out shopping a couple of weeks ago, I saw a woman walking down an aisle with her daughter; the daughter looked to be about 10 years old, and she was holding a container of blackberries. Suddenly, the container top opened, and the berries fell all around her. I was taken aback when the mother took a quick look around, then told her daughter to keep on walking.

The following relevant video isn't terribly artistic, and it goes for the easy lines and Hallmark images, but that's okay; the message is gold. (h/t Modern Uberdox)



This also surfaces in my mind around Chanukah, when we light the menorah. How do parents light the menorah - Is it an obligation? A tense time because so much needs to get done? Or a celebration, eagerly anticipated and given real honour?

They're watching us.

3 comments:

  1. depressing, reminds me of my mistakes, took me too long to remove the bad I had learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this video. My blog isn't active yet, so I shared it on the Thinking Torah Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete