Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Israel's New Chad Gadya - in translation

Here's the video, from LATMA:



The agrammatic pseudo-Aramaic makes translation a little choppy, but here goes:

One house, one house, that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came the tattler who photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came the newspaper [Haaretz] who wrote that the tattler photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came Bibi who was pressured by the newspaper who wrote that the tattler photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came Obama who struck Bibi who was pressured by the newspaper who wrote that the tattler photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came the foolish one [Tzipi Livni] who rejoiced that Obama struck Bibi who was pressured by the newspaper who wrote that the tattler photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came the ben kalba [definition here for those who need it] [Ahmadinejad] who rejoiced that the foolish one rejoiced that Obama struck Bibi who was pressured by the newspaper who wrote that the tattler photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came the nuclear bomb built by the ben kalba who rejoiced that the foolish one rejoiced that Obama struck Bibi who was pressured by the newspaper who wrote that the tattler photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came the Air Force and bombed the bomb built by the ben kalba who rejoiced that the foolish one rejoiced that Obama struck Bibi who was pressured by the newspaper who wrote that the tattler photographed the house that my father built for me for two zuz

Then came the tattler and cried to the UN which condemned the air force that bombed the bomb built by the ben kalba who rejoiced that the foolish one rejoiced that Obama struck Bibi who was pressured by the newspaper who wrote that the tattler photographed the house – and what is the conclusion?

A powerful kick to the UN and to the tattler and to the ben kalba and to Obama and to the foolish one and to the newspaper who have still not learned anything and make a tumult and desperately want to trigger an Intifada, and make the whole world jump, because of the one house my father built for me for two zuz.

1 comment: